Launched in 2017, the Moxie has redefined what’s possible from a steel hardtail.
It takes moxie and a no-compromise approach to frame-design to develop a bike this capable. We started with a blank page, designed the frame we envisaged then had our engineers work out how to build it. Custom-made tubing was the only way to do it. Special butt profiles and multi-butted tubing avoid the use of gussets and the results are clean lines and super-strong joints. Custom CNC yokes not only enhance the performance and strength but give an aesthetic rarely seen on an ‘off-the-shelf’ frame.
Typically, MTB has continues to evolve. Dropper posts have got longer and there’s a greater selection of 29er tyres – generally the enduro riders choice – with wider profiles becoming more widely used. Consequently, we’ve made a few tweaks to the design to deliver even more performance from this benchmark [?] frame.
The chainstays have been increased by 10mm in length so the sliding dropouts can now be adjusted from 425-441mm. Among other things, this allows the use of the latest 29er WT tyres on wider rims.
With most riders opting to use long[er] travel forks, the seat angle has been increased to put the rider more centrally ‘in’ the bike and further improve it’s eMTB-like climbing abilities. It also means that the rider is not so stretched out while seated, delivering greater control and manoeuvrability.
Finally, the head angle has been slackened for improved confidence in the steep stuff and to accommodate different fork offsets without compromising handling.
- 29er or 27.5+ capable
- Custom CrMo 4130 heat treated tubing
- DT custom butted and bent for increased strength
- DT horizontally ovalised at BB for greater stiffness
- Custom butting profiles for optimal strength and that “steel is real” feel
- ST bent to optimise seat angle and rider position
- Short ST for optimal use of dropper posts
- Compact front triangle for strength and plenty of stand-over height
- Custom, machined CS/BB yoke for strength and huge tyre clearance
- Oversized head tube for tapered steerer fork.
- Sliding/replaceable dropouts provide +16mm of adjustment
- Cable routing for externally or internally activated dropper post
- 1 set of bottle bosses
- Metal headbadge
- Boost spacing, 148mm bolt-through axle included
- Optimised for 27.5″ wheels with 2.4-2.8″ tyres or 29er wheels with 2.4″ tyres (*rims 23mm internal and 28mm external width)
- Frame is ED treated before painting
Silver Rainbow | a classic silver that changes colour when seen from different angles for a mind-bending finish.
Silver Rainbow | the photo doesn’t do it justice!
Orange | a metallic base with a vivid orange clear-coat gives an incredible finish with depth.
Wild Teal | back for 2019 due to popular demand.
Specification of frame is subject to change without prior notice.