The Moxie pushes the boundaries of what’s possible from a steel hardtail to deliver “a bike that really does climb like a hardtail and descend like a downhill bike.”*
It takes moxie and a no-compromise approach to frame design to develop a frame like this: custom-made tubing was the only way we could create the enduro hardtail we envisaged. Special butt profiles avoid the use of gussets and the results are clean lines and super-strong joints.
Sizes available: Long & Longer
|A: Head Angle||65.5||65.5|
|B: Seat Angle (effective)||76.5||76.5|
|C: ST C-T||420||420|
|D: TT Length (effective)||624||664|
|E: HT Length||95||95|
|F: BB Drop||64||64|
|G: Chainstay Length (min)||415+||415+|
|Fork Length||555mm||Headset||ZS44/28.6 and EC44/40|
|BB Width||73 mm||Max Tyre Size||27.5×2.8″/29×2.4″|
|Seat Post||30.9mm||Seat Clamp||34.9mm|
|BB Height 27.5*2.8||299mm||BB Height 29*2.4||308mm|
|Dropout Adjustment||+16mm||Seat Angle (above the bend)||72.5|
- 29er or 27.5+ capable
Custom CrMo 4130 heat treated tubing
- DT custom butted and bent for increased strength
- DT horizontally ovalised at BB for greater stiffness
- ST bent for greater wheel clearance and to allow short stays
- Short ST for optimal use of dropper posts
- Compact front triangle for strength and plenty of stand-over height
- Custom, machined CS/BB yoke for strength and huge tyre clearance
- Oversized head tube for tapered steerer fork.
Sliding/replaceable dropouts provide +16mm of adjustment
- Cable routing for externally or internally activated dropper post
- 1 set of bottle bosses
- Metal headbadge
- Boost spacing, 148mm bolt-through axle included
- Optimised for 27.5″ wheels with 2.4-2.8″ tyres or 29er wheels with 2.4″ tyres
- Frame is ED treated before painting
Specification of frame is subject to change without prior notice.
Current dropper posts offer around 100-170mm of adjustment allowing a wide range of riders to fit a frame with a 16.5”/420mm seat tube.
Typically, a riders height is 2.5x the distance between the crank centre and the saddle, or alternatively, saddle height is rider height divided by 2.5. With the appropriate selection of dropper post (minimum insertion/maximum extension considered) the Moxie will typically fit riders between 5’5” and 6’3” (1.65m-1.90m).
The table below illustrates recommended fitting.
|Rider Height||Recommended Size||Recommended Dropper||Saddle Height (approx)|
|5’10”/1.78m||Long or Longer||125/150/170||710|
|5’11”/1.80m||Long or Longer||150/170||720|
|6’0”/1.83m||Long or Longer||150/170||730|
MOXIE IN THE MEDIA
- “…the Moxie sings like Jimi Hendrix’s guitar.” – enduro-mtb
- “…phenomenally capable and brutally fast…the Moxie is the most potent hardtail we have ridden.” – enduro-mtb
- “The Moxie inspires confidence and makes you want to push it further and faster…This bike isn’t just a great descender; it can be ridden all day, trail centres, a razz in the woods, uplifts at your local DH track and all-mountain adventures. Nothing is out of bounds for the Pipedream Moxie!” – IMBikemag
- “This is the most competent and confidence inspiring hardtail I’ve ever ridden. If you’re interested in hardcore hardtails, then this should definitely be on top of the shortlist. Embrace modern, forward thinking sizing and open up a new world of performance.” – IMBikemag
- There are no words…………. Ok………….the new Pipedream Moxie is red hot. – enduro-mtb
- Eurobike 2017: Pipedream Cycles’ Enduro Hardtail – singletrack
- The new Pipedream Cycles Moxie – a hardtail that looks up for some trouble – wideopen
- Pipedream’s new hardtail is seriously rad aggro steel – offroad.cc